Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, September 7, 2015

Regrets

Another Monday has come!

It was a long, but a very short week.  First, I am coming to the end of my first transfer at the end of this week, I am very happy about it.  For those that don't know a transfer is ever 6 weeks. So adding to the 2 weeks at the M.T.C, I've been out almost 2 months. CRAZY!

Elders Johnson, Hanson and Johnson

We had 2 more baptisms on Saturday, which kept us very busy the whole week. Mainly because there were more lessons we had to teach Franklin and King before baptism.  King is 17, he comes from a part member family. His brother, Angelo, returned from his mission about 6 months ago.  King has left a huge impact on me.  He goes to school in Accra (4 hours from here) and came back for a 5 week break in which he wanted to be taught to be baptized before returning to school this week. He has read the Book of Mormon twice while in school last year and had a powerful testimony even before being a member. Also, he is a really good soccer player.  Last year he traveled to Ireland and England for soccer. Franklin is 28 and a really awesome guy.  A funny thing about him is that he wanted to learn an American handshake.  People here shake hands very lose, then you snap your middle finger on the other persons.. it was weird getting used to.

On Wednesday we went on a last minute exchange. Elder Johnson's companion was sick for a few days and Elder J was tired of being in the apartment all day.  So we got permission for him to come with me, which was great because people were freaked out we had the same name.  It was my first time leading in the area and it was great.  While walking to our area, Elder J took me on a detour and showed me a monkey.  Bigggggg monkey.

Thursday was a normal day other than weekly planning, which takes 3 hours -_-   Elder Hanson and I are trying to be more detailed in planning so we do not do much planning wise the other days.  As for Friday, it was our "combined district meeting",  Basically the Zone Leaders that are over the districts go over things the President wanted us to know.  After which, I went on another exchange with my district leader, Elder 'Atu' Ake,  Really cool guy.  He came to my area for the rest of the day. When we were walking to meet up with my comp and his comp, he gave me a great "review".  I was told that I am a powerful at teaching lessons, and am doing very very good for being new. Also, that I am AP material for sure later in my mission (assistant to president) But I'm not letting it get to my head.



Saturday was a long long long day.  I failed to realize that I ran out of food and had nothing to eat for breakfast.  There was a wedding we were going to at the church building at noon, so I pushed until then.  The wedding did not start until 1 -_-  (African time, you say 6, they show up at 7).  The ceremony lasted 2 and a half hours.  Let's just say the only thing I ate was bread at 4 o'clock.  Elder Hanson and I went back to the reception after 4 after we tried to go see some people.  They were just about to serve food when a member came to use and introduced us to a friend who wanted to know more.  So we ended up teaching and missing all the food.  But, it was worth it to see the guy's smile at the end of the lesson.



Fast Sunday was great for the most part.  Fasting was hard just because all I ate Saturday was some bread.  But, walking home from meeting with a investigator, we met up again with Daniel.  Daniel was my first street contact on mission a month ago,  We have a meeting with him on Wednesday :)


I have seen many small miracles because of our hard work and obedience to all the rules.  Earlier in my life I thought all miracles will be so plainly obvious to you.  But, found that for the most part they are not.  They are small and can be easily missed, and we have to sit back and see the Lords hand in our lives.  I have grown closer to my Father in Heaven and I know he is there.  Something I look back on is people making fun of missionaries at my school.  I regret not standing up for missionary work and the church in general.  I was a terrible example of what I knew to be true.

Until next week.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment