Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Sunday, December 13, 2015

We Either Follow Them Or We Do Not

Hello!!!

As the subject of the email states, I am being transferred to Assin Fosu in the area Telecom. I will be serving with Elder Swatboy (Wrong spelling). He is an African and is the district leader. The apartment is a 6 man apartment instead of the 4 man I am in now. Plus they speak Twi and not Fante like I am now. So I'll need to learn a different language and I hope I can be really good in Twi.

This week was pretty long just because transfer news was coming on Saturday night and we were all excited and sad it was coming. And because our district is sooo awesome we planned to get together on Saturday night for food and Sunday night as well. To add to the longness of the week, our area is dead.  Our investigator Lizzy got a job so we could not meet with her anymore except for on Sunday's.The others we met with did not want to meet with us or were not around. So there were some days with no lessons and just walking around talking to people.


 I will miss this district
On Saturday I went on an exchange with Elder Hounkpe our District Leader. Him and I have gotten very close the past 8 weeks and I am sad that I will not be able to serve with him anymore. He has helped me grow and learn new important lessons in life and for my mission. While with him we taught our investigator Mary. Just followed up with her about her reading in the Book of Mormon, which is something very important that needs to be done. The thing in my area and maybe in Ghana is " I do not have time or I was not feeling well". We kindly explained to her that it needs to be made important to her. If something is important to you, you make time for it. For example, if watching football is important to you, you will make time for it.

Elder Bakula put a mattress on the table.. I asked why his response was, "I want to be closer to heaven." Hahaha. The guy is sooo funny

After Mary we treked over to Palmlands to visit the Valentina family and share a message with them. They currently have a house guest, he is from Nigeria, and returned home from the Accra mission in July. He has given me so much help and advice. I will be staying in contact with him! When we all arrived at the apartment Saturday night, we got out ice cream (fan ice), bread, and Hersheys spread to get nice and fat. We awaited the call for transfers. They went trough the other districts then ours. Side note... no one thought they would be transferred, so this was a shock to us all. "The Sekondi 1 and 2 Elders will be going and Sisters will be coming into Sekondi 1 and 2...."  We all freaked out. My companion, Elder Chinedu will be going back to the same apartment in Cape Coast and serving in a different area. Elder Bakula and Hounkpe will be going to open a new area in Assin Fosu. It was a sad night. I have grown to love each of these missionaries. We have had many laughs together and memories that I will forever hold dear to me. We are needed in other areas and I am happy to serve wherever the Lord calls me.

Elder Pohahau and I at church

Thought of the week: I shared this with the ward on Sunday... we have been given commandments from God to follow. They have been given for a reason and not just for reading material. We either follow them or we do not. I urge everyone to keep them.  They are a list of happiness not a list of rules. As we become more converted to the Gospel they will become easier to follow. Do the things God has asked and prophets from the different generations. As it says in Amos 3:7, God reveals His secrets to His servants the prophets.


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment