Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, September 5, 2016

Really Sore!

My people!!!

This will have to be a quick email because I have procrastinated my group email til the last thing I do and I have little time to do it :(

Not many things went on this week due to a big festival.. or party.. that was going on in the main part of Cape Coast from Fri- to Saturday.  President Stevenson did not want Elder Simpson and I to be driving in there Friday to get the mail and supplies so he asked us to do it Thursday. Even on Thursday there were huge speakers playing loud music. So loud the truck could not be locked without the alarm going off. Cape has one lane roads that are to small anyways so with people dancing in the roads and guys being fools it made it hard to get around before the main party began on Friday.


Last night with our investigator Sylvester.. Elder Simpson has fake glasses on
On Wednesday we had a sweet zone conference with President Stevenson. My favorite instruction by President (all are really good) it was on the attributes of astonishment. I forgot my notes with the scriptures on it but basically we named different times in the Book Of Mormon where the land was righteous and an astonishing amount of people and astonishing miracles were happening. President wanted us to find the similar attributes of the leaders and people to find why so many where baptized. Things like humble, repenting, faith, forgiveness, the authority to preach and baptize, and dedicated. He said we have wandered as a mission in the wilderness long enough and it is time to establish Zion.

Giving instruction at conference about using sacred funds

The really good news of the week is that Mercy unexpectedly came back from Accra!!! You may or may not remember but we started teaching her over a month ago and she was so interested but was only visiting Nkanfoa for a small time. We taught her what we could and then she left but came back!!! Mercy and her daughter Sheka came to church yesterday and they both have a baptismal date. We also started teaching a muslim family this past week which is pretty interesting. Their beliefs are different then our of course but they know something is not right where they are. The family minus the mom came to church yesterday (mom told us yesterday night she had cooking to do, which is true).

On my physical health side of things, I am really sore. Elder Simpson has now reached his year mark and is now having me run with him every morning. For the past 3 months he kept saying "when I reach my year mark then I will work out" and it was actually true!! When he returns home he has to be in shape to continue his service as a marine.

Have a great week!!
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment