Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, November 28, 2016

Walked and Walked and Walked

Hello!

I hope that all of you had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed time with family and friends. My day was just a regular proselyting day with no celebration but that is okay because I have the rest of my life to celebrate :P

This last week was pretty good. I will share a few highlights or events that happened this week in the Ghana Cape Coast mission. First off, the work is slowing down a little because many people are not around. I think it might have to due with the elections that will be happening next week. Due to the elections next Wednesday we moved our transfer day to Tuesday. And Wednesday we will not be out all day and maybe not at all if it is not safe.

On Monday we had a great Family home evening with the family of Brother Francis, their last name has escaped my brain. Usually we say Brother or Sister and their first name since thats how they introduce themselves to us. Elder Wilhelm shared a lesson about 1 Nephi 16. As I have been thinking about the events in 1 Nephi there are deeper meanings to the stories there and in the rest of The Book Of Mormon. On Tuesday we had a zone meeting which was long as usual but still really good. Then had our ward correlation meeting with the ward mission leader, the 2nd counselor to the Bishop, and the other set of Elders in the ward. The ward mission leader Vincent was also my first WML in my first area (do not know if I mentioned that).

Wednesday we met with our investigator that will be baptized this Saturday, Frieda. We had the chance to talk about "Temples". It was a great lesson and her husband attended the lesson with us. He is not a member and is a muslim but is coming along step by step. Was a slow day so we did not meet with anyone else but attended the mid week activity at the chapel later that evening. We watched a church video about tithing. Thursday we walked and walked and walked and waaaallked. Hard day mentally for me but I made it through.

Friday was a long but also short day. We had to meet the missionaries training and their companions at the station at 8 am to send them to Cape. Of course most of them were late then the sisters came walking up at 9:30 haha. After that we started proselyting and talking to person after person. My companion was not feeling good that day so we went back to the apartment by 5 so he could rest.

We have been also meeting with the less actives in our ward. They are many but slowly we will start meeting with them to help them. One we are meeting with right now is Sandra. She is a cool person but is stubborn to come to church. She has some things she recently did so she feels shy to come to church. A chapter that we read with her and talked about is Alma 36. I love those verses. No matter what we have done we will always be forgiven. We will feel the pain of it, yes, but it will be taken away because of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. All He asks is that we come to him. I grow each day to love this gospel more and more. I do my best to learn more about the Atonement.

The time is ticking and I still have a lot I want to learn but we will see what the Heavens have in store for me in these last months :) Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment