Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, July 25, 2016

Great Examples to Me and Others

Good morning/afternoon/evening to you all!

You know most people would think that when a missionary arrives at his 1 year mark, the missionary would be happy.  From what I have felt, that is not so true.  In the first few months of my mission it was a struggle to get out everyday and not think about home.  Getting used to mission life and the culture is not very easy.  As time went on, my love for the culture and missionary work has grown. Now half way done,  I do not even want to go home.  Sad thing is I know that I will have to go home so I will have to learn everything I can now  :)


Francis' baptism last week. Elder Johnson, Francis and Elder Simpson


Our first class font

For being a supply elder we actually had a lot going on this week!!  Well, we have a lot to do every week but just doesn't have to do with going out to teach.  So, on Tuesday we had our usual district meeting that was instructed by Elder Adams.  Each person in the district came ready with a Christlike attribute that we studied to share with the district members.  After each person shared, he spoke and asked us, "how did the attribute take part in Christ's life?"  It was a great instruction followed by our now annual lunch at "Emmas locals" <--- 3 times this past week haha.


When a supply elder...

Between Tuesday evening and Wednesday evening one of the zone leaders (Elder Makoti) came to be with me in my area while Elder Simpson went with the other zone leader (Elder Akudago).  I really enjoyed the exchange because I got to learn so much more about the area that I did not know before. Oh.. Elder Makoti was trained in the area I am in now. He is going home at the end of the transfer next week so we walked all around to see less actives he knew and others.  I have 3 new investigators from that one day.
Thursday was the day some people in my MTC group have been waiting for.  The non citizen card renewal trip to Takoradi.  I went with the AP's and we journeyed with others the 90 minutes to get there.  After renewing our cards we got to go eat at a chop bar that I actually went to once when I was in Takoradi.  It was all we could eat (paid by the mission).  You can be sure we all ate a lot.. :)

All you can eat chop bar in Takoradi with MTC group for non-citizen card renewal trip 

My awesome MTC comp Elder Sakala


Friday-- Office. Drove. Laughed. Ate.

Saturday was yet another exchange,  but I went with Elder Adams in his area (that is actually a shared area with us).  I got to meet with those they are teaching and it was pretty sweet.  I am happy for Elder Adams and Elder Jager, they have really worked hard to get people.  Really great examples to me and others.


Elders Johnson and Adams on exchanges

The new office couple is here!!!!  It is weird to have "neighbors."  We have to be a little more quite now ;)  They are really awesome people. We have been showing them around and helping them get settled into their place.  Sister Durrant was really awesome and brought us chocolate chip cookies on Saturday night.  She said, "my first time baking so I do not know if they will be good." LET ME TELL YOU THEY WERE REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!  Cookies. :)
Enjoy,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment