Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, August 1, 2016

We Are Winning!

Yellowww friends and family!

I do not mean to be cliche at the beginning of my emails but THE WEEK WENT BY QUICK! *cliche moment ended.

You would think that I would b at the point I should remember to jot down some events before writing the group email so I remember the real good stuff, buut that may take a little longer to learn. Anyways, everything is going great in this part of the world!  First thing that comes to my mind is that I did two baptism interviews on Tuesday and one more on Sunday (yesterday). After district meeting my companion and I walked with the sister missionaries to their baptism candidate.  Her name is Nshira,17, her mom is Nigerian and her dad is from Ghana.  She spoke clear English!!! Interviews would be hard with a translator I imagine so it was good to speak with her in "Ghana" English.  The next one was that evening with the same sister missionaries,  Her name is Efuah, 14, and is from Accra, so she also spoke English.  The last one was yesterday.  The sister missionaries called me at church and asked me to do one more interview before the baptisms that were happening at 12:30.  The Bishop wanted it to happen and I did it..  She met the requirements and has a good understanding.  So, its all good.

The Nkanfoa area is doing pretty good right now. At this moment there is three people that are progressing more then the others.  First is a boy named Obed.  Real cool kid (16 yrs) and is a referral from the young men in the ward.  Only problem is every time we go to teach him it turns into a goose chase!  He works at his grandma's shop so we go there.  Then she says he is at the house.  So we walk 10 minutes.  People say he went out and it turns into a mess.  He is coming to church and is really interested, so the chase is worth it :)  Second one is, Mary, whom was a referral from a member back when I first got into the area.  She is coming to church and even participating in church activities. Problem is she is not around to ever teach her.  Last one is Regina, who is Mary's friend that we knew before Mary.  Regina is around to teach her, but she does not come to church.  As Bishop Ewudzie says, "We are winning!!  And why are we winning?! (stares into our eyes) Because the CHURCH IS TRUE!"

This week is the first week of the new transfer. On transfer #10.. GAHHHHH WHERE IS TIME GOING?!  It is August. School is starting soon. Oh my. Also, Elder Simpson and I planned and executed the #1 transfer news party for eighteen people (APs, surrounding zone leaders, and President and Sister Stevenson). It may not be a big deal to all of you, but we had breakfast burritos. Tortillas do not exist here so we spent three hours on Saturday evening making all the food.  Tortillas from scratch. My companion made really really good ones! Then I put the stuff on the tortillas and wrapped forty of them.

All in all I am happy, alive, and my testimony/ conversion grows more and more everyday.

I am about 10 months late on this but I started the Ponderize stuff. Alma 7:23 was my scripture from the past week

"And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive."

Have a great week!!!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment