Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, December 19, 2016

Maybe I Should Write Less

Hello all!!!!

Crazy now that we are less then a week away from Christmas. Members have been saying " Takoradi is the best place during Christmas" but so far Assin Foso where I was last year takes the prize. the Christmas spirit is not around here right now. Even the Christmas decorations in our apartment is better... 1 wooden Santa and penguin that Elder Zohner and I colored and taped up on the wall. I am excited for this week because we have some nice things going on during the week.

Elder Johnson and Elder Dike (DK)
On Tuesday we had our combined district meeting. Elder Tugume gave a great instruction from our mission hymn (#324) Rise Up, Servants of God. Or zone members are having problems with some small things one of which is being to meetings on time. They are all mostly late by 30 minutes. Really sweet instruction though. After traveled to Agona Nkwanta to help and issue happening there, we got there, and they told us the case was dismissed. So traveled 40 minutes there and over an hour back because the driver was slow.

When you wake each day at 5am to go to the gym...

On Wednesday Elder Tugume, myself, Sister Nagawa, and Sister Smart headed to Cape Coast for the Mission Leadership Council. There are not many occasions we have to wear long sleeve shirts but meeting with President is surely one of them. You have to pretty much not touch your shirt anywhere on the tro because sweat and dirt do not mix. It was a nice meeting. My favorite instruction was from the Assistants about extending commitments to our investigators. We discussed the commitments that we extend that people usually struggle with and how we can help them and also what we are doing wrong that we can improve on. We got home at 7pm and went to the church for mid week.

Thursday nothing interesting really happened other then weekly planning. Weekly planning is nice for the most part but you really have to be in the right mood and frame of mind to sit in a chair for 2 hours of studies then a additional 3 for planning. I enjoy taking time to really talk about the people we are seeing and what we need to do to help them. Thursday at 7pm we started an exchange with Elder Tom and Elder Dike (say it like spelling DK).

Friday I was in our area with Elder Dike. He has been on mission for about 2 months so it was sweet to see how great he is doing. 18 years old and is from Nigeria. My favorite part of the day was when we went to see a member. Brother Paul is a sweet guy and is really optimistic even with his situation. We went with Elder Wilhelm and his companion and shared a thought. Can not remember the exact scripture reference but it was in John about the bread of life. I brought a loaf of bread for him and just happened to be a scripture I shared :P

Saturday I do not even remember what happened. We did go to our recent converts house to read in the Book of Mormon with her. I feel bad for the people here that think the book charms you and does weird things. I love reading in the Book of Mormon. People that reject a copy I usually ask the question " Is it bad to learn more about Jesus Christ?".. that usually gets them thinking. We also meet with missionaries in Sekondi to get a report of the ward from them. And ate ate a nice restaurant Elder Taleni and his companion showed us.

Sunday we had church of course. The stake presidency came which was awesome. Elder Tugume, myself, and Elder Brown were up sitting to bless the sacrament. we started on time and there was only 10 people in the seats. Over the next 45 minutes people came in which is a weekly thing. The stake president came up and gave his talk, started out nice, then BANG at the end he gave them love. Do we go to sacrament meeting on time? Do we prepare ourselves spiritually to partake of the sacrament? After the meeting the stake presidency called my companion and I in to talk with them. After we headed to Sekondis church meeting. I was really disappointed in how it was. No energy in that room. People were arguing about doctrines in Elder Quorum which happened even when I was there. Oh my.

Today we had a sweet activity with grilling chicken and sausage. And playing sports. Oh my I have written a lot.... maybe I should write less haha.

Elder Tugume and Johnson - Grill Masters

Zone Activity

Thought of the week: After studying some parables this week I had one that I loved. In Matthew 7 ( I think) about having a solid foundation or a sandy foundation. The only way we can have peace and joy in this life is making Jesus Christ the center of our lives. He can bring lasting happiness even in the midst of trials and sorrow. Do we put the important things first like reading the scriptures, going to church, praying, going home or visiting teaching? Or do we put our own desires first then put Christ second? As we make the right things a priority in our lives then other non important things will float by the way side and we will see how un-necessary those things were.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!  -- Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment