Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, December 12, 2016

New Ghanaian President

Hello friends and family!

Another successful week has gone by here in the good old Ghana. It was kind of a crazy week as well due to the elections that happened Wednesday and the million years it took for them to count the votes (found out the President Friday at 5pm). Sad for John Mahama he has been booted out of the Flagstaff house and Nana Addo has been put in. I am thankful elections here are safe for the most part. Nigeria from what I have been told is dangerous. The missionaries in Nigeria during elections stay in for a whole week and can not go out at all. #HappyIaminGhana

Due to the elections transfer day was moved a day early to Tuesday. We had some missionaries stay in our apartment on Monday evening. Then Tuesday started bright and early at 6am and were at the stake center to meet the tro driver at 7 am. We asked missionaries to be to the stake center by 7am and lets say most of them came at 9am. My companion called some sisters in our zone and the one that was going said she still had to pack... oh my. Transfers were successful and I am happy because Elder Simpson (former companion) is now in the same zone once again!! He has white washed into an area and is training (both missionaries are moved from area and 2 new ones come in). Our day was taken by transfers and taking some sister missionaries to the eye doctor.

Wednesday we just went to see a couple members so we can be out of the apartment. Came home then went to bed by 10:30 to start our day on Thursday. We saw Esther #2 later in the afternoon Thursday and invited her to be baptized on Christmas eve. Elder Tugume and I have 3 baptisms on the 24th.. we hope. We went to a members house that evening and she fed us plenty of beans and fried plantain. He does not eat a lot so lately I have been eating for 1.5 people so my weight has gone up a little. But now Elder Zohner, Elder Taleni, and myself have committed to getting to the gym each morning. We paid for a membership this morning so now we really have to do it haha.

Friday was a little slower because a lot of people traveled to the city or village they are registered to vote. We were able to teach Esther #1 about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Now to get her to come to church arrrggghh! Elder Tugume has been weak due to a physical thing so we went in early by 6pm on Friday. I took that time to learn more from the scriptures. I feel I can study the scriptures everyday for the rest of my life and still not know everything.

Saturday was good as well. People were marching and celebrating for their new President. One person we taught was Emmanuel. He is one of the people with a baptism date but sadly we did not see him all week until Saturday. I could tell their was something up with him that was not normal. Still do not know what is wrong. There was a doctrine he had a problem with and my how I am thankful for the spirit and my scripture studies. There was a deep doctrine problem a investigator asked in the Gospel Principles class in church. Will not share the question but it just reminds me how un important deep doctrines are. Some doctrines are sweet but their will come a point where questions can not be answered and testimonies will be lost. The gospel is basic and I have learned to focus on the basics while it can be fun to discuss doctrines in the apartment with missionaries.

As well on Sunday Elder Zohner and Elder taleni had a baptism for Ian. Elder Tugume and I started teaching him but referred him to the other Elders because he stayed in their area. I was able to do the interview for him on Saturday. He is a great guy and am looking forward to seeing what happens over the years of his life because of this ONE decision. Elder Zohner bought us all pizza after wards :) (not know with our lose weight get jacked plan we have and WILL stick too)

Thought of the week - “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

Jesus Christ is the one who can bring us peace in this life. Follow Him and no matter how bad things can get you can still have peace in your heart and help from on high!!! :)   Love you all,   Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment