Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, January 30, 2017

Goodbye Elder Tugume, Hello Elder Robert

Hello all!

Well my stomach is grumbling and not in the good way. One of the meals we ate at a members yesterday is not sitting well with Elder Johnson. Grumbling stomachs are just part of the Ghana Cape Coast mission I guess.

Elder Tugume and Elder Johnson

Elder Robert and Elder Johnson

We had our transfers on Wednesday! The process went very well and did not cause to much stress to me. Elder Tugume is now in Cape Coast and Elder Robert is here in Takoradi with me. I sent the missionaries to Cape Cost by 10am and we received the new missionaries at 3pm or so. Takoradi zone is now the biggest zone in the mission with 27 missionaries. The change has been good but hard on me because our district was the sweetest and Elder Tugume and I were really really close.

From Thursday to Sunday we were walking. My exhaustion levels were high so it was nice to sleep last night especially with the breeze and rain storm. We have a really cool new investigator! Her name is Elizabeth. She went to some church that I do not remember the name but Elder Robert knows the church and says they are crazy. There are a lot of interesting churches around west Africa. Elizabeth has a baptism date of 18th February. Sadly did not come to church yesterday because there was a funeral going on (funerals are a big thing around here).

My salad creation #1

My salad creation #2

Rainy season has also started again which is really nice. After leaving a members house where we had lunch the thunder and lightning rolled in and the rain came down hard. left Elder Robert and I stranded for 30 minutes. Elder Robert and I are also putting the finishing touches on our instruction for zone conference tomorrow. The theme of the conference is about the commitment pattern. It is sweet finding scriptures and thinking of some sweet things to do.

Zone picture at our combined district meeting

The Tanokrom District! Minus the skinny Samoan in the front

My thought of the week today has to do with the Book of Mormon. Something I told Elder Robert is I love to read the Book of Mormon with my recent converts. Here it can be hard to get people to read since the understanding is small. I know there is such a great power in the Book of Mormon. Reading the Book of Mormon each day provides us with spiritual protection. Even reading any scripture of church talk. I love to read it for that reason and there are so many things to learn from the bible and the Book of Mormon. Are each of us doing something each day to protect ourselves spiritually? We may not see the protection but i can assure you it is there when you C (keep the commandments) P (Pray each morning and night R (read the scriptures)

Love you all!  Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment