Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I Have Seen the Light

Hello friends and family!

My memory is pretty bad when I email on Monday's but now I am emailing on Tuesday which makes my memory that much worse. Yesterday we had a stake activity at the chapel all day (10-5) so no time to email yesterday. In the morning I had a ton of laundry to catch up on because I have been lazy for some time. Hand washing is actually really nice because all I need to do is throw a pair of clothes in a bucket with washing powder and wash it in the shower. Elder Zohner and I have joked that our parents will find us in the bathroom washing our clothes in the bathtub haha. 

President and Sister Stevenson's dead battery - Tugume and Johnson to the rescue

One thing that happened on Tuesday that was my favorite part of the day was a sweet member present lesson. We were teaching our recent convert, Esther, who is a very sweet girl. We brought our other recent convert, Frieda, and though there is a 5 year difference they made a awesome connection. There is nothing more to love then seeing your recent converts continue to work up the path. There is times that I have seen that missionaries baptize someone and then after a couple weeks they do not come to church again. I am happy that in our last MLC President Stevenson talked about the qualifications of baptism so we can avoid as much as possible people to go in active after 2 weeks.

We also had our interviews with President Stevenson on Wednesday. Elder Tugume and I were first on the list. He usually keeps it pretty short but mine was a little longer because he was talking about different things. Telling me about what is happening in the office and things that the Brethren are making changes to with missionaries like our daily schedule... wonder what that will be like. His car battery also was dead at the end of the day and we just happened to bet there when the interviews were done. We went searching for jumper cables but no luck. We called Elder Zohner to get the from some members that had some and called the stake president.

Thursday was a great day because I was able to see my "son". He is now ONE year on mission which is crazy. Elder Maumau... lets just say I miss him so much. Really grateful for the time I was given to be his companion; he taught me so many different things that he may not even know. Later that day we started our exchange with one of the 3 district leaders in our zone. Elder Masame came to be with me and my companion went to Sekondi to be with the DL. Elder Masame sadly got to take part in a not so fun thing. I can not say all the details because there is a lot... but President Ad-je whom is the 2nd counselor in the Mission Presidency gave me a call Thursday evening to come to Praises house(baptized her a couple weeks ago). Her Mother is not happy with her at all with things she has been doing so we were called for back up haha. Praise needs to open her eyes to reality... just looking down on everyone around her and it shows.

Friday was really sweet because Brother and Sister Akroma invited us over to there house as a district. They own a nice hotel near our apartment and their house is on the same property as the hotel. Big old spread of food on the table and drinks. Members around us is who plays a big part in making mission a enjoyable experience. Missionaries in the Denver, Colorado mission here I come!!!!

Saturday, Elder Tugume and I went to the Tanokrom chapel to be with Frieda while she was working on her family history work. I love family history work. I regret not working on it while I was at home but will be something I work on after mission. Since I have learned the doctrine behind why we do family history it brought a stronger desire to work on family history. And Sunday Elder and Sister Clements invited us to their house. By the time we got there the other missionaries forgot about common courtesy and ate most of the food. Love and patience were worked that afternoon.... Sister Clements taught us about the "signs the Jews missed" when Jesus Christ was born. In Luke 2 we learned a lot of things. SYMBOLS SYMBOLS SYMBOLS. His birth itself testifies of His mission.

" I have seen the light"... I have gone far through the mission tunnel and now in the last 6 months can see the light.   Love you all,   Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment