Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, February 27, 2017

More Handsome and Manly

Hello!

Another week has come and gone and I am still alive but a little more handsome now with my haircut from today. My hair has gotten really curly lately.

First thing is that we had transfer news on Saturday evening and I am really excited for things to come this transfer. There is some really sweet missionaries coming to Takoradi zone. Elder Maumau, the missionary I trained, is coming to serve in the same ward as me! My hope was to serve around him again before I leave for home. Elder Taleni is going to help me make a "Welcome sign" for Elder Maumau. FATHER AND SON REUNITE!

The best part of the week that I will never forget is Thursday night. We just got finished doing a get to know you type lesson with someone that was referred to us by a member. The member is a young women named Mary. She helps us out a lot and causes me pain by hitting or pinching me. After the lesson still sitting with the man on the road side another guy named Muhammad came up to us. He wanted to ask us questions about the Book of Mormon which was sweet but I knew the direction he wanted to take it. He turned it into a "trying to prove that Mormon was not a prophet and the Book of Mormon is false" discussion. He was asking things like " Did Mormon meet Jesus Christ?, " What were his qualities to be a prophet?", "Why did he write scripture even though other prophets in the bible wrote scriptures, etc etc. We could answer each question that he gave us but he was not listening and was shouting to bring people to come around.. and they did. My companion got angry while talking to him so I cut in as much as possible to keep my companion calmer. Funny thing was that he said things as a Christian but then towards the end changed things to his muslim beliefs. Yes, there are people with big speakers and microphones that sing and preach about Christ and that's what they do for money. What his kind of people do is preach and say the weirdest things and wait for people to come and say something so they can bash with them.

Friday my companion and I went to a area about 45 minutes away to do a baptismal interview for Elder Jones and Nelson in Apowa. Her name was Sandra and the interview went well. As I do more and more interviews I think I am doing better in having it be more of a conversation then questioning people. After the interview we went to Sister Evelyns Nigerian chop bar to have some beans porridge. Nigerian food is so good and its nice to have a Nigerian companion to teach me how to prepare certain foods :)

Yesterday we had our ward conference and I and my companion were part of the ward choir. We both were singing bass (since I am more manly now haha). There were choir members that came to one practice then showed up to perform yesterday and then those that prepared and performed. Due to those that were not serious about it were were all of tune and did not do so well. My analogy out of this is that if we are not prepared for things in life and don't take time to learn then when the test comes, we will choke and be out of tune. But if we prepare and learn very well then when the test comes we will do well and have nothing to be worried about. This life is a time to prepare to meet God. Let us us this time wisely because at the last day " We will not be saved in ignorance."

Have a great week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment