Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, February 20, 2017

Strengthening Members and Less Actives

Hello!

Missionary work here in the good old Takoradi is moving forward. Not as fast forward as other parts of the mission but we are managing. More of our attention is going to strengthening members and finding less actives and that seems to be harder then bringing new people in. This ward is a special ward so I hope when transfer news comes this Saturday I will not be transferred.

On Tuesday we had our "Valentines Day" district meeting! It was nice for 8/10 members of the district. Due to Elder Taleni and I cutting back on certain things we could not partake of the treats we brought. The instruction was sweet! We did a scripture chase and I was the one leading it so I did not get to participate. Then Wednesday morning President was around to do our interviews with each and every member of the Takoradi zone (27 missionaries). Sister Stevenson talked with us about food and safety.. I need to change a few things I do I guess, like bleach my eggs???

Our ward has their conference this Sunday so a choir has been practicing and I and my companion take part in it. Since I am a man now I am singing bass... lets just say I will leave the music stuff to my brother and younger sisters.

Elder Robert and I walk in the sun and use all our energy and then crash in the evening. With that effort it was sweet to have 2 investigators and one person we has a gospel conversation with a couple weeks ago come to church! One of them is a recent converts daughter, Lisa. We have been working with her for 4.5 months now and it is a slow progression but its better then nothing. She seems to be doing really well now a days. After church we went to a members and she made my stomach explode with waakye and noodles ( rice/beans with stew).

Everything is going really well right now and am enjoying every moment here :)

Have a great week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment