Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, March 20, 2017

The Most Important Reason

Good afternoon!

Another week has gone by fairly quickly for me and what a good week it was. A awesome district meeting on Tuesday started things off really great. Elder Taleni, our District leader, led a discussion to us in the district. 1) What did we do physically to prepare for mission 2) What did we do spiritually to prepare for our mission 3) What motivated us to come on mission 4) What are things that are nice to do on mission but are not to important, what should we do on mission, what do we need to do on mission. I loved the discussion because I remembered things that happened before my mission and sacrifices on my part and also on my families part. President Stevenson on our first day he drew a x,y graph on a board and asked us our reasons for coming on our mission and put them from least important reason to most important on the x axis and on the y axis put our level of dedication of obedience. At the end he told us he does not care so much why we came but only cares that it goes from whatever reason to the most important reason which is that we love Heavenly father and Jesus Christ.



Wednesday we spent another day in New Takoradi planting seeds and trying to follow up with people we have met previous. We had a member with us and he showed us to friends of his throughout the day. Elder Robert and I gained 2 new investigators in that day. For sure a really good day. To end the day we went to the Tanokrom Sisters missionary devotional. It always seems like we beg and beg and beg members to do what they should be doing without us begging them, missionary work. Talk to your friends about the gospel. Invite them to church. Thats all we ask. Thursday was just bounced appointments all day.



Friday I had my annual interview with President Stevenson. He mentioned about my face being on a mug back home.. I started laughing and said " How did you know about that?"... Guess President is friends with my parents on Facebook. We talked a little about the zone and some problems I am facing. I love my mission president so much and will really miss him when I go home. I also put it in there about how much I would love to stay in my area until the end of my mission. Would send Elder Robert home next transfer and then have 3 weeks with a new companion. My odds are fairly good to stay here :) Friday night was really really good!!!! My companion went to Kweikuma to go with the Sekondi district leader and I stayed to be with Elder Taylor. He is from Lehi, Utah and is 6 weeks younger then me on mission. We went to Paragon for dinner with Elder Taleni and Elder Riding. We each bought a cheeseburger with fries then shared a pizza (2 slices each). Although it was good food it will never come close to tasting as nice as American burgers/ fries/ and pizza. 



Saturday was a really short day because we had the adult session of stake conference to attend from 12-2. It was a really sweet session! President Stevenson laid it down like usual, dropped the mic and then sat down haha. Elder Nash also attended this weekend! He is the 1st counselor of the Africa west area presidency. After the session I organized some of the Elders to go to lunch at "God is love" chop bar. It ended up being way to overpriced so we left and went to bocadillos instead. Had more pizza and a milkshake (tasted like garbage). At the end of the exchange Elder Robert and I went to the gym and I ran on the treadmill to burn off the junk food.

Stake Conference

Sunday was a great session of conference. I failed to bring my notebook to church so my memory of what was spoken on is good now but I know later it may dim. Elder Nash spoke on faith and added the 2,000 stripling warriors and their mothers. The talk was ssswweeeettttttttttttt. Just so happened today that was the spot I was left at in my Book of Mormon reading.

Stake Patriarch, Stake Presidency 2nd Counselor, Elder Nash, Stake President, Stake Presidency 1st Counselor



Everything in summary is going well. I have not had a baptism in 3 months which is not normal from the others months of my mission. We do have 2 people that are being prepared for the 22nd of April.

Have a great week,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment