Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, March 27, 2017

The Gospel Just Comes Up

Yellow!

Weeks just keep going on and on and on and on. P-days are coming by in the blink of an eye as of late. Maybe because I have been out long enough that emailing is just not as exciting as it used to be.

We have been focusing on the investigators that have a baptismal date a lot to get them prepared for their hopeful baptism in a month. The most progressing one is still Odalee. She comes to church every week and is happy when we come around (some people run away). Odalee is a really slow learner though so we are being basic and using pictures. Elder Robert and I struggle with the 2 members that we use to translate and to help us with Odalee. They say part of what we say then will explain things in another way and tell us " I am putting it in a way to help her understand."  Funny part is when Elder Robert and I teach her again a couple days later she remembers nothing of what they said. She only remembers the small parts Elder Robert and I had a teaching influence. #Spiritfordays. Lisa is progressing more then she was some time ago. Hard to be able to see her the last couple weeks. Elizabeth just straight avoids us most of the time..... one part of me says just forget about her but the other part says to keep trying.

A cool thing that happened during the week is we found someone that used to be a buddhist! Why is this cool Elder Johnson? Well let me explain! There has not been a buddhist that I have met since being here since it is not common. His name is Daniel, works at the gym Elder Robert and I go to. I have met some sweet people at the gym and had some nice conversations. Was not anything that I forced for it to go in a gospel direction but when they ask " How long have you been in Ghana" or " what are you doing in Ghana?" the gospel just comes up. :)

Last week's family home evening the refreshments were pizza and vanilla ice cream waffle cones! Do you all know how long it has been since I have had a waffle cone? LONG TIME! Need to get one of the chocolate dipped ones with sprinkles from Cold Stone.. :) The FHE was with _____ family. I know them as Brother Rodney and Sister Sarah, they own a nice hotel close to our apartment. Brother Rodney lived in New York for 12 years so I asked him how the pizza is here compared to New York pizza. He said Ghana pizza does not even come close :P

I love you all. Have a great week!

- - Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment