Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy To Be Alive

Heyoooo!

Friends and family I can say today that I am happy to be alive. Transport is a little crazy around here with the one lane "highways". There were 2 close calls when I was on the tro going on transfers. But its fine, I am here ;)

I have to say that being in my last area is very very weird. Of course my time left it stays in the back of my brain but when my companion tells the members " Elder Johnson will only be here for ____ weeks". Mission time just goes at the end like nothing. My new area is sweet and everything I wished for in my "last area" wish. Out in the middle of no where, very secluded, no english really, and serve in a branch. Abakrampa is going up north to Assin Foso (2nd area) but you take a left on some little road and go for 20 minutes or so.

Elder Momoh is the most American Nigerian I have met on my mission. He was trained by an American with 2 other Americans in the apartment (all of them are truck drivin, boot wearin, gun shootin, rednecks). After he was trained another 3 Americans and now me. He will be 1 year on mission when June comes around. Sadly this is his 4th transfer so president will either send him away and leave me with a new comp for 3 weeks or put us in a 3 some. The other 2 that are with us in the house is Elder Harward and Elder Tupola. Our house is so sweet... its really really small... in a little gated compound with other small places. The landlord is already on my nerves.

No teaching has been done since I came on Wednesday because of the Easter season. When any holiday comes around its not easy to meet with investigators. So since I have been here we have just been seeing members. Sadly, the branch has close to 150 or so less actives. From what my companion said the branch president is not very helpful in missionary work. My biggest headache as a missionary is leaders that do not help us.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment