Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, April 10, 2017

Goodbye Takoradi, Hello Yamoransa

Hello friends and family!!

Well the time has come for me to leave Takoradi zone and go back to my old zone, Yamoransa, Abakrampa, as we say "once a yamo always a yamo". But I have been released as a zone leader and will be with Elder Momoh from Nigeria. He has been on mission about 8 months. Also I will be serving in my first branch!!  And I will be out of the city.   President Stevenson knew how I wanted to finish my mission because the Assistants knew from a conversation I had with one a couple months ago.

The week was full of meetings and one exchange. Wednesday we went to what I did not know to be my last MLC ever. The major topic of discussion was how we do our transfer news on Saturdays. After much discussion it was decided to no longer tell the missionary where they are going or their new companion until they get to Cape Coast the Wednesday to the following Saturday. All we will say is if the missionary is going and what station to be at. I know where I am going because President Stevenson called me to inform me of my release.

Thursday night I left to Apowa with Elder Jones for an exchange. The tro ride there was the longest 20 minutes of my life because some lady liked to talk to loud. But Friday was a nice day with Elder Jones. I did a baptism interview for him as well and was my first time to not give the go ahead for the baptism. It is very important for us to have the understanding of our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Without the true understanding of them we can not have true faith that leads to power and salvation. Friday night we held a meeting with the District and the Sister training leaders. These sisters drive me nuts. Happy to be going to a brethren zone with no sisters :)

Saturday we went nice and early to go and help Sister McCarthy with food prep for the wedding in the Chapel Hill ward. We then dressed and went to the wedding. It was nice, reminded me that I really want to get married haha. Then Saturday evening I found out that I am going.

Sunday it was sweet! My departing testimony. And then some nice food with other Elders at the McCarthy home. As we were about to leave it started pouring down rain. Wind was blowing and thunder was rolling. We ended up helping people that had water flooding into their rooms. Then got home and found I left the window open in my room so my sheets, pillow, and mattress were wet.

All in all a good week! Love you all!!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment