Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, November 23, 2015

Count Your Blessings!



Happy Monday all!

Thanksgiving is this week and I am really happy that I kind of get to celebrate it here in Ghana for two years!  Sadly, I do not get to have turkey and other foods, which is okay since bonku and kenkay are better!

Go Big - pain!

Stuffed and in a food coma - Atlantic Hotel

Elders Zohner and Bay - Atlantic Hotel

Cooking skills - Ghana style

This week went by scary fast. It was a busy week which is always a good thing. On Tuesday we had interviews with President Stevenson. And had a district meeting that was instructed by the Assistants and Sister Stevenson. It took a good portion of the day, so we only had one lesson on Tuesday evening.

On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with Elder Bakula in his area. Wednesday it was really, really, really hot. Thankfully Elder Bakula's and Hounkpe's area is around our apartment and not a good walk away like my area.  Elder Bakula is a great guy and has been out now for about 6 weeks!  We only taught a couple lessons through the day, but did a lot of street contacting.  When we first went out I asked him to count the pamphlets that he had combined with the ones that I had.  In total we had 25 pamphlets. I told him that before we go home that night we will hand out each of the pamphlets, which we accomplished!!!  For the last hour of the day we stood in front of the church and stopped people and talked to them.  One lady that we talked to, Lizzy, got off of the trotro right in front of us. Elder Bakula went and talked to her and I joined in.  After she left he told me that was the lady he sat next to on the trotro on Monday going to Takoradi. He felt prompted to talk to her, but did not. On Tuesday they saw her again in front of a church, but did not talk to her again. Then Wednesday she came right to us. Really was a testimony builder to me of how we are put in the paths of people or vice versa for a reason!  Then after that, goofy old me just gave a couple pamphlets to the trotro (taxi but a van) mates (collects money and opens the door) when they stopped to drop people off. Fastest 10 second explanation of the gospel ever.

Elder Chinedu and Johnson - Atlantic Hotel

Thursday was a downer day :(  We had 0 lessons happen. They all canceled on us. We had some good time for finding new investigators.

The area is doing very well now and we are happy that it is doing well! On Sunday we had 4 investigators come to church ( Does not happen much). The work is going well :) We find out the transfer news on December 5th and I hope not to be transferred yet, but if I am... village. I want to go to the villages soooo bad.

Elder Hughes and the "other" Elder Johnson

Thought of the week: Since Thanksgiving is close, I have thought a lot about what I am thankful for. Sometimes life is tough but there is always things that go unnoticed that are good things. I hope all of us focus on the good things in our lives and what God has provided for us. Count your blessings!!!!!

-- Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment