Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, November 23, 2015

Have A Bright Enough Light



Hellooooooooo!

Alright, this past week was pretty awesome, which I am really happy about of course!!

On Tuesday we had our usual district meeting at the church building. Elder Pohahau and Elder Jarvies gave the instruction. After district meeting we usually go to our chop bar, Quagis, but instead we went to Mama Grace's house. It was Elder Pohahau's birthday so she prepared a whole bunch of bonku for us! After eating, all of us just wanted to go sleep. Soooooo much food, but of course it was time to go out and teach. The 40 minute walk to Essikado was the longest walk of my life, but it was well worth it because the food was really good.

Bottled coconut water - whatever! Directly from the coconut!

We did not have as many appointments as we have in the past because people just did not have time for us this week. It made the days longer than normal but at the end of the day you look back and it had gone faster than you realize. Elder Chinedu and I have noticed things we need to improve on like, member present lessons and lessons with recent converts. So, there is a lot of hard work ahead of us to meet the goals we made for the coming week(s).


This past Saturday we had a baptism!!!!  His name is Emmanuel Cudjo and he is 18 years old. He was a referral from his friend... Emmanuel. Teaching was fun because you would say, "Emmanuel" and they both looked. He has been and investigator since June but had to stop until September because he moved away until school started again.  It was also my first time baptizing anyone. I was not planning on baptizing, but Emmanuel, who was going to baptize his friend, was to nervous to do it. So he asked me to do it. And I did not bring extra clothes with me sooooo it was an uncomfortable walk home. I am really happy for the opportunity that was given to me. Plus I got some packages in the afternoon soo Saturday was a very good day.

Emmanuel, Emmanuel Cudjo, Elder Chinedu & Elder Johnson

To put a cherry on top of the week.. they finally re-broadcasted conference! They showed Saturday afternoon session and Sunday morning. What my brother said last year for his first General Conference is sooooo true.. I was on the edge of my seat, taking notes like crazy, and felt the spirit so strong!!!  My eyes were teary during the whole thing. What I wish we could do is stand up, throw an arm up and say, "YES SO TRUE!"  Conference pumped me up.  I know that those men have been called to where they have been. And that we do have a true prophet here on the earth. Side-note: Jeffery R. Holland's talk about mothers made Elder Bay, Zohner, Jarvies and I sit there and cry (happy tears). We miss our mothers. haha.

The sense of humor remains

This morning we did some deep cleaning of apartment.  It is really clean. My cleaning skills that I obtained from home, Sonic, and Chickfila really helped :P

The apartment shoe collection

Thought for the week: As you know I have kind of struggled so far. Just with missing home and such, but I really love a talk that was given in conference. I forgot his name, but he talked about a bike ride him and his family did going into a dark tunnel on a bike with insufficient lights. It really got me thinking. In life there are plenty of dark tunnels that we go through. What makes it easier is when we are prepared!!!!  Having a bright enough light (scripture study and prayer) we will get through the tunnel.  Stronger and with a stronger testimony, but if we go in without being prepared, we will have a hard time.  Let us all keep our testimonies of the gospel "fresh" as Henry B. Eyring put it. The devil is real. He really is attacking us in small ways that we may not even see. Rely on the Lord and you can do all things!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment