Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, November 2, 2015

You Are In Africa And You Eat EVERYTHING!

What a fun filled week!!!! It did not go by fast but we worked hard and enjoyed.

As you know,  return missionaries have some cool stories about food they had to eat.  And after 3 months I have some!  First, for one meal we had, it included cow SKIN.  Not the meat - the skin. Elder Chinedu said it is the best part of cow.  I do not fully agree.  The texture is not very good.  It is really chewy.  Second, a investigator prepared some food for us on Thursday night before PEC.  She served us Bonku, which I really like.  It is usually served with some type of meat like fufu has, but this one had the small crabs.  I was really confused how to eat it, but my companion said just eat the whole thing - the shell, legs, and meat.  As you may imagine, it was really crunchy and good.  So, no one take me to Red lobster, you may be grossed out.  Third, the bone of the chicken.  After you finish the chicken meat, some people eat the bone.  So, I was adventurous and ate it.  Soooooo, add KFC or Buffalo Wild Wings to the list of places that you should not take me.  The last - shrimp.  Elder Chinedu and I bought Kenkay for dinner a couple nights.  Instead of getting fish I got shrimp.  We sat down to eat at home and I started to break open the body to get the meat, and Elder Chinedu said, "NO you're in Africa and you eat everything."  So, I ate the whole thing.  The legs were not so good haha.   This all happened in a week, yeess!

Elder Chinedu and Elder Johnson - Companionship study time.

Ever since Elder Hanson left, the area feels like it is not as busy.  So, we have spent a great amount of time finding new investigators.  It has brought us a good amount of progress.  The issue that we have is getting people to church.  In P.E.C on Thursday night I brought up the issue to see if they had any ideas.  The secretary, Brother Solo, who I love, compared getting investigators to church to talking to girls.  It was realllyyy funny.  After the meeting I let him know talking to girls and getting a date is way easier than getting investigators to church.  I have spent a great amount of time being discouraged because I feel like I am failing the area.  No one is coming to church, appointments fall through, but in the end, I know we are doing what we can.


Elders Zohner, Johnson and Bay - Cruising in a taxi

The weather is getting hotter than before, which makes the days exhausting and hard to keep going. My goal is to be that missionary on the plane that look's worn out.  I can not get that way sitting around.  The work must go on!

Elder Chinedu is awesome! The way he teaches is great.  He takes things around us and compares it to what we are teaching.  I have noticed it work's out really well.


Elder Johnson and Elder Chinedu

By the way.. cockroaches are gross.  I have had many run across my desk and show up out of nowhere in the bathroom.  One night there was even a gecko.  It scared me!  At nights, Elder Hounkpe is helping me with my Twi.  We have been reading over the Book of Mormon to help me read and at the same time learn some words.  I am really praying that I will be transferred into the village for 9 months to learn the language more, but for now we have to get our area with plenty of people to teach!

Now, time to start another week :)

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment