Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, October 26, 2015

Prayers Are Powerful

So quick reminder... I have already hit my 3 month mark (yyeess).  You may notice there are no pictures of me this week.  That is due to the fact I was so excited to have been out 3 months that I pulled a Brittany Spears and went to get my haircut, and did it really short.  Just kidding, it was too hot so I went really short.

Anyways, this week was harder than my other weeks being on my mission.  Elder Chinedu and I have been focusing a lot more on finding new investigators, which means talking to random people on the street.  Not something that I would have voted to do, but it gets me out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing.  So far we have 6 new investigators. We tried to meet with the one Friday, but we only met with 2 on Saturday.

One new person's name is Frank. We met him while he was sitting by his house feeding pigeons on Wednesday and we taught him on Saturday.  First lesson of the day.  When we walked in, there was a ton of kids.  So, at the lesson there were 10 people.  It was not a very spiritual lesson due to them all talking and not listening.  We are hopefully going to meet with Frank sometime this week by himself.
The biggest thing we struggle with is getting investigators to church.  And what we can do to help them we do not know yet.  During this week I have really been praying to know what we can do to strengthen the area and bring the spirit to the lessons.  While watching "The District" yesterday it clicked.  We need to outline the entire lesson.  In the past it would be.., "Okay we are teaching lesson 1".. that is all we say and go no further.  As I have been out here for a good amount of time now,  I am noticing all the things I can improve on.  Planning being one of them.
This week I decided to workout in the evenings after getting home (8 pm or so) to distract me from thinking about home.  After I shower and study Twi.  As I have said prayers before studying I noticed a big difference from when I did not.  Prayers are so powerful and that is something I wish everyone could realize. 

Only picture this week... I sent a text to Elder Zohner and Bay ( came out with me) and told them we were at our 3 month mark. This was there reply:


Side note: I wore my cargo shorts and a t- shirt to our zone activity today. My legs are fried since they have not seen sun in forever. My tan lines are pretty sweet.

Have a great week,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment