Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Those Few Days Were A Learning Experience

Maaha!

I hope all is well across the world! Especially for those in Colorado taking the snow. FYI totally happy that I do not have to shovel the driveway. Ghana is hot, dry, and hopefully the rainy season will start soon.

As for the past week............

Tuesday-- In the morning we had our district meeting and Elder Swartbooi felt to instruct on extending commitments to those that we teach. It was good to discuss that and why it is soooooooo important to extend commitments. I always love district meeting because it is a good way to start out the week.

Making some biscuits with a recent convert

 At 6 o'clock the sister missionaries needed my companion to do a baptismal interview for them. They asked us to meet them at the stake center, which we did.  Then they called us at 6:15 and asked us to meet them at a store called Melcoms. We were not to happy seeing as it is right by our apartment and the stake center is a 10 minute taxi ride in the opposite direction. When we were walking out, SOMEONE LOCKED THE DOORS. The building entrances are not really the same as in America. They have a jailish looking door on the outside with a keypad lock and a wall with sharp posts (keep people from stealing at night). So the only way to get out was to climb and jump over the sharp posts. It was a 12 foot approx jump down one you get over the posts.


Wall of Awesome -
Thank you for those who sent me the Christmas notes and the pictures!!

Annoying moment-- Our shower shut off was not working so water would keep coming out the shower head. For 2 days I would wake up in the middle of the night and hear water flowing. Finally got it fixed.

Wednesday--- My companion went to Cape Coast for a meeting with the President, Zone Leaders, and District Leaders. Since I had to stay behind, I went on an exchange. I stayed in my area and got Elder Peterson from Utah. It was a GREAT day lesson wise. Annoying part is we had to wait in the apartment for the mail guy to come   -_-

We spent almost 2 hours taking the kernels off of corn for a recent convert. It was pretty legit

As for Thursday- Saturday were really good/terrible days mixed in one. Some lessons had the spirit so strong and others totally terrible. I felt like I did when I first came on mission and could not teach. Things I said did not make sense. Some hours were spent reflecting on myself and why some lessons were good and others weren't. Also, extra time in prayer and scripture study were spent to know why the spirit was not with me some days. I got my answer Saturday night after prayer and reading the Book of Mormon before I went to bed - thankfully,  Elder Swartbooi was really patient with me as this was happening.


Thursday morning was FREEZING.  We did not want to take cold showers. Only way to get hot shower.... boil it and put it in a bucket.

While Elder Swartbooi and I were reflecting together on the week last night, I look back and the bad day's do not matter. Those few days were a real learning experience, ones that I would not have had if I were not on a mission!



-- Elder Chandler Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment