Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Share Your Testimony

Hello!!!!!

My hope and wish is that you all had a wonderful week :)

This week went by pretty quick even though by Thursday my body wanted to shut down from exhaustion + the heat... the sun has been a killer.

There is nothing that I can remember from Tuesday other than the fact that I got a call from President Stevenson and have been called to TRAIN a new missionary! The call came at 9pm and by that time we had just switched companions from exchanges on Wednesday in my area with our Zone leader Elder Neilson.   Elder Swartbooi and everyone in the apartment has been saying that I will train the next two transfers and they were right.  I am happy and excited to have this opportunity to train :)

New Trainer meeting with President & Sister Stevenson

All the people that were called to train went to Cape Coast on Friday morning to meet with President Stevenson.  I was the only trainer from my zone so I had to travel the 90 minutes by myself  -_-  It was a scary thing to be the only white guy in the tro (jk I'm used to it). There was a man that sat up in the front seats with me that I had the chance to talk to about church.  We were about 20 minutes into the journey and Jackson (the guy that was next to me) asked why I was in Ghana and I explained to him that I am a missionary. The next 20 minutes he told me he did not go to church because most of the church leaders in Ghana preach on Sunday, but then set a bad example the rest of the week. I gave him the message of the "Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ" and Jackson was really interested. Sadly where he lives is in the Kumasi mission so hopefully the missionaries there can talk to him!

New Trainer meeting at the mission home in Cape Coast

The meeting was only 2 hours long so I spent more time traveling than being in Cape Coast. The trainers meeting was great though and I re-connected with 3 of the people in my MTC group. Saturday was transfer news and that was interesting. Our Zone is split now, so I am part of Telecom Zone now. The 6 man apartment is now a 4 man, but the people that are coming I hear are pretty sweet. 

Meeting up with some Elders from the MTC at the new Trainer meetings in Cape Coast 

I love all of my investigators in this area!!  One of them is named Comfort. She was invited to church by a family in the ward and she has come every week since. Her baptism is planned for the 31st of January. She really wants her husband to join the church and take lessons with us!! Whenever we come, Comfort has asked if we will talk to her husband. When we see him we talk with him so we can establish a relationship with him. Actually, we had a lesson with Comfort late in the afternoon yesterday. Her husband came and stood near us as we were teaching. The lesson was on Baptism and confirmation.  After he stood there for 5 minutes and asked us, "If we are not baptized, but we are good people, can we still go to heaven?" Answering that question is really hard to do!  It clearly says in the Bible, no, if you are not baptized you won't go to heaven. You won't go to hell either. We had to do a quick Plan of Salvation explanation to him. Hopefully he will join us in future lessons.

The next one is Abduali, he was born in Ghana but lived in Nigeria most of his life. When I came to this area he was a former investigator.  He told us he wants us over every night at 7pm.  So, every night we are over at his compound.  His baptism date is the 14th of February. One new investigator is a 12 yar old boy named Nana Kwame! This kid is a SSSTUDDDD!!! He remembers everything and I hope he will attend church on Sunday with us!

Thought: Actually prepared myself last night for this one..... During my studies this week I found something in the Book of Mormon that I want to share.  In Alma 4:13 and Alma 31:5 it talks about sharing the word of God and the power of our testimonies.  Alma tells us that the only thing he could do to save his brothers, the Zoramites, was a testimony.  In the other it tells us that sharing the word of God is sharper than a two edged sword.  Study those scriptures!  Remember, share your testimony with everyone, it is our duty!!


-- Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment