Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, February 8, 2016

"Is This What You Do Everyday?" "Yes."

Wo ho te sen?!

It is quite impressive how much Twi a missionary can learn by just hearing it from day to day.  It would be so sweet if it were a Twi speaking mission, but that is not the case :(   On the bright side, the members are more involved in missionary work because we need translators sometimes.  Elder Maumau and I have been meeting with a turtle investigator named Halena a few days during the week to read from the Twi Book of Mormon.  It helps Elder Maumau and I learn the language, but the reason we do it is for Halena to read from it!!  Since arriving in Assin Foso my Twi is to the point now were I know exactly what they say - just need to learn how to do the most important part.... respond!!!

This past week was quite interesting, long, tough, but that is where the fun comes from.

Starting out on Monday evening we went to the stake president's house as a combined zone Family Home Evening - mainly because his son left for his mission on Wednesday. While there, the zone leaders informed me that Elder Maumau is going to Takoradi (my sweet old zone) to get his ID card the next day. So, Tuesday I spent time with the zone leaders doing zone leader things and spent time in my area with them while Elder Maumau and those that came with him were in Takoradi.

Elder Maumau and I on Friday spent some time playing soccer and small other games with kids

Wednesday was a good and bad day all in one. We left to go proselyte and ended up coming back 20 minutes later to talk some things out.  If you want to know why, just ask when I am back home. But all that I will add is that the conversation really opened up both of our eyes to help us improve.

Telecom 2 area

Thursday we had weekly planning (yay) and then interviews with President Stevenson. I LOVE my mission president and his wife.  They are so cool, and I am really happy they will be leaving shortly before I go home.

That my friends is a brown recluse. Found it by my closet dead when we came back home Thursday night. Thing was HUGE my palm and finger size.

The rest of the week was the same awesome missionary work that we get the honor to do. Sunday was the best because most of our investigators came to church and some less actives!  Then after church my comp and I went on visits with Brother Addo (1st counselor in YM presidency.. preparing for mission) and some youth to see less actives.  We walked forever and the youth were dying. Then later a youth asked us.. "is this what you do everyday?"... I replied, "yes.". Elder Maumau and I gathered them at a certain point because one said "why do we have to do this, this is the missionaries job."  We corrected that really fast. Seeing less actives and visiting members is the ward's PRIVILEGE.  Somewhere in James 2.. talks about what pure religion is. 

Elder Maumau and I enjoyed Fried rice and coke on Wednesday to celebrate our stepping stone together

The work here is great. I am healthy, focused and dedicated. My companion is awesome. I LOVE my zone leaders. Mission is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great week,


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment