Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Serve!

Hello once again,

So in case you are not all counting my days... I have now been out 6 months, but it has felt like 6 weeks HA!

On to the actual important things..... As of Wednesday I now have my "son" and he is totally awesome. His name is Elder MauMau (Said like now now but with an M instead of N) he is from Utah! His dad is from Tonga and his mom is from Hawaii. He is what all polynesian's are like in this mission... big, nice, giving, and really humble.  In my apartment we have Elder Havea who is from Tonga. The guy is SOOOOOO nice!

Elder MauMau and Johhson

Not much has been going on other than the usual awesome missionary work that is being done all over the world.

On Thursday we do our weekly planning sessions and this past Thursday has been my longest planning EVER. It took us 3 hours to plan for the coming week sooo that was a nice 3 hours for Elder Maumau!!!! Not really... he was about to fall asleep :)

Saturday a very nice lesson was learned by my companion and I. We went out at 12pm, just had lunch, feeling great with a wonderful day planned. Fast forward 3 hours, no lessons worked out, visited a lot of people with nothing! Being the trainer/ senior companion a lot of stress was on me and it got me in a "ehh" kind of mood. A little after 3 we went to the apartment to get a couple things and Elder Kenyah and Elder Havea were there because they just got back from a service project. I asked for some help because they both go home in the next 8 months and the advice was...
We do not have to go place to place to place to just sit down and teach. We can also visit members, have chats with them, visit investigators just to say hi. They said to make it fun and not to stress ourselves out because we have no lessons working.

Right now we have 4 investigators that have a baptism date in the next couple weeks. One of them, Comfort, that I mentioned last week wants us to teach her husband. His name is Andrews, pretty cool guy, but did not take to us very well the first couple times we had a chat with him. After some weeks of just becoming friends we were able to have a lesson with him yesterday evening. We were able to have the 2nd counselor to the Bishop with us in the lesson. Brother Ofori is his name and I found out he returned 1 year ago from mission! The lesson got kind of intense because Brother Ofori said after "Andrews was proving stubborn". I did not like how it was treated but it unstubbornized Andrews and the rest of the lesson was great! We meet with him again in a few days so it should be good!!!

Elder Maumau is very, very, very energetic and I feel like an old man being with him. But I am starting to "feel young again" haha. On Friday we were walking to a lesson and there was men loading bricks onto a flat bed truck. Elder Maumau said that we should help them.. my response.. sadly.. was.." But we will get dirty".... sad in my response but we ended up loading the bricks for them for the next 20 minutes. It was a very good workout. On Saturday there were people working on the side of the road putting in a new open gutter system and you guessed it.. we helped!  I was quick to help them this time when I remembered my terrible response the last situation we were in - and this time we got dirty :P

I am sooooo grateful that I have this opportunity to train a new missionary. In a chat with him on Wednesday I told him that we are both equal. Though he is new he has been set apart to be an Elder just like me. Elder Maumau is so loving to everyone and is always the first to help with anything. I can learn plenty of things from him! Maybe he is actually training me... :)

For our P-day activity today we played Rugby at the stake center. Lets just say that playing with 5 people that played in leagues (Tongans and a Samoans) it was very scary even though we just wrapped and did not tackle. My hands are rubbed raw from doing a lot of laundry early this morning. I want to buy a small wash machine, but I get one of those the rest of my life... on the good side, my shirts are really white.

Thought of the week: SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE SERVE.

--Elder Johnson

Sadly my card got some how ruined because of a bad computer so I only have one of my son and I while my card is getting fixed.... I hope

No comments:

Post a Comment