Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, February 22, 2016

God has trusted me in this part of His vineyard

Ete sen?

This past week has been long/ short at the same time. Do not know how it is possible though!!

SO much happened this week and will probably remember a lot more of the cool stuff after I walk away from the internet cafe. #missionprobs


Baptism for Abduali and another person from the Sister missionaries

Last week was transfer week and my companion and I are still together and will be until his training is finished in 5 weeks, and maybe we will be together for longer. But Elder Kenyah, the cook, and the funniest guy in the zone got transferred to Axim... which is really far away. When we found out he was leaving, the first thought that came to my mind was.., "who will cook lunch for us now?"  Let's just say we have hit the chop bar a few times since Wednesday. The Elder that came is Elder Rothlisberger, he is from Gilbert Arizona and that is where my future wife is, but let's focus on that later.

This church/school/daycare is right outside our gate of the apartment. Kids came running after the Book of Mormon when Elder Maumau, Havea, Rothlisberger, and I walked out to go to... the chop bar.

Tuesday we had another combined district meeting and we got instruction on working with members. Very helpful as always!!! The sister missionaries brought lunch.  We had a South African dish called chakalaka (?) with Chipaties (?) it was really good food :)  Later that day my companion and I went back to the chapel for ward coordination meeting with our ward mission leader. It is nice being in a ward that takes it serious.  We discussed a lot of things, but our topic was mostly on helping the youth. Since the church is really new here with new members, they do not have the example. the church does back home from leaders and other fellow youth.  Elder Maumau told me that in the MTC he was told the Africa west area (mostly Ghana) is the fastest growing part of the church in the world. When he said that it took me back for a second and I thought about how much of an honor it is that God has trusted me in this part of His vineyard!!


Sister Amedzro - the coolest Sister missionary

The sisters in our district brought some dinner to us at the chapel since Elder Kenyah left the next day. So going to Wednesday, we did not do much missionary work. I felt terrible but that is how it can be on transfer day.

After 4 bowls of bonku and fish (best I have had being here)

The best part of the week was when Elder Maumau and I met a group of young guys (18-20s). They work at the car wash here (side of the road, throw some water on the car with a bucket). We talked with 15 of them - all do some bad things.  Elder Maumau and I brought a whole bunch of Books of Mormon for them. One of the guys actually took a stack and passed them out to the people around hahaha. We hope to teach them and bring them each to the restored church!!!!

Last Monday I forgot to say our awesome stake president killed a huge pig for the two zones in Foso. We ENJOYED!

Yesterday, I taught the young women class in the church. I felt impressed to talk with them on how to have a successful family, which included the basic things that each member should be doing. I love getting up and teaching! I do not know if I am any good, but the Holy Ghost being in the room is what is the most important. He was present, so I hope a heart or two were touched. Then had a baptism for our awesome investigator!!!!  Later we had a FM with the Owusu family. Brother Owusu talked with us and said to stop going to chop bars and learn to cook haha. I can cook, just do not have the same stuff here hahah. It was a good dinner.

Telecom Zone homies!

Thought: Continually I am reminded of the basic things that members of the church should be doing. Like praying and studying the scriptures. If, like the YW in Telecom, do not know who Ammon is, read some more. If we pray, study the scriptures, and attend the church as well as the temple, we will have the spirit. We will receive blessings and have a happy life even when things are not the best.

Love you all,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment