Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Disciple of Jesus Christ

M3 mo aky3!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week and hope that this week will be even better than the last. This email is coming a day late because of some events that happened yesterday.. mainly a rain storm that prevented us from leaving the apartment until late in the afternoon.

As usual I can remember only some small things that happened last week. Sorry about that... :)


Zone Conference

Last week we had out zone conference with President Stevenson and the Assistants. I really enjoy conferences or anywhere that President Stevenson instructs because  He is such a powerful man. He talked to us about "Costs and benefits" about becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I should review my notes, but I believe it came from St. Luke in the Bible somewhere.  After the Assistants helped us better understand how to use the pamphlets better

My second favorite part of last week was when I got to go on exchange with one of my zone leaders, Elder Blay. I got to go to his area for Thursday night to Friday night. They are out in the middle of NOWHERE. 

The Zone leader area goes up to the border of the Ashanti region which is the Ghana Kumasi mission. I crossed the border for fun before we got a car back to the apartment

When I walked in the area on Friday I could not help but just smile. It is so awesome that I get to spend 2 years of my life in Ghana. These things I may never see ever again so I need to enjoy it while it lasts. There was a older man we taught that day named Brother Cramwell, 89 years old, and is getting baptized this Sunday. He was apart in bringing in the Presbyterian church into the Assin Foso area some years ago. The missionaries started teaching him some time ago and since that time he has come to church every Sunday. Elder Blay was telling me that Pastors from all around Ghana have come to him to try to get him back but Brother Cramwell says NOPE!

Sign to the chapel in the Akonfudi area

 The Bereku branch chapel. Kinda small

Interior of the Bereku branch chapel

On the long ride home from the Zone leaders area which is over an hour from my apartment and 30 minutes from theres, the taxi we rode in from their apartment got a flat tire. Dark outside and no street lights. One lane roads with no cars coming down... a little scary.  I will put the word into President that I would not mind being in a village at all :)


Random trail picture

Chop bar is like a place to eat.. sorry if you have wondered what that was haha

Still loving the work more and more everyday. I am still alive. Not sick ( Yeminas3)
Love you all,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment