Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, March 7, 2016

Armor of God

Hello!!!!!

This past week was beyond great!! Let me tell you why....

Elder Maumau and I worked hard this past week and I am very happy for the work we put in. Right now we have 5 people that we are helping to prepare for baptism for the month of March before transfers (My hope is to not be transferred). And each of those people speak little to no English so we have really needed the help of our ward missionaries.


Follow up trainers meeting, we all came in together, trained together, and will leave Ghana together

We had a meeting with our ward mission leader and ward missionaries on Tuesday night. Which was more successful than the past 3 or 4 weeks we have had ward missionaries called in the ward. They all actually came to the meeting on Tuesday!! It was nice to have them all on the same page as us and talk to them with the ward mission leader how important they are to the success of this work.

Stopped by to see my trainer before he is leaves to Sierra Leone

My companion and I are over half way done with his training (12 weeks training). I have loved to see both of our improvement over the last 2 or so months. They say in the training manual to let the trainee take the lead of everything on week 11 but I actually let him take the lead in planning and teaching this past week. It is important for missionaries to know that they are both equal, being the senior companion/trainer does not put you above the junior companion in any way. Both are equal. Both have been set apart to be missionaries.

Comforts baptism "We think you just look great in white" *Best 2 years
#GHANAPROBS #MIKE #POLIO 

Since being in Ghana I have really gained a testimony in everything but especially in the basic things we should be doing as members to help us keep the "Armor of God" and have the Holy ghost with us at all times. First is following the "Gospel of Jesus Christ", Jesus Christ while here on the earth taught people about needing to... have faith in Jesus Christ in His atonement, repent, be baptized, receive the holy ghost, and endure to the end. As we do these things it will prepare us to live with our Heavenly father once again after this life. If these things are not followed then we can not enter the Celestial kingdom. Second, study scriptures everyday, prayer morning and night, and follow the commandments. These basic things help us throughout of daily lives! I love studying the scriptures everyday. I look forward to having that time to get into the scriptures everyday :)

Decided to be cool and match last Pday (not really my style.. just don't have my boots).

Salt and ice challenge, big indent in my skin and now a mark!!

On Saturday and Sunday we had stake conference here in Assin Foso stake!! President/ Elder Curtis were in attendance at all sessions. As missionaries we were able to attend the adult session on Saturday afternoon (1pm) and the session on Sunday. The Elders in my zone made the mistake of showing up to the priesthood session on Saturday morning, President Stevenson said we can go out by the stake center and proselyte since our areas were not close. As a zone we got a box of 40 Book of Mormons and placed them out to people (had 5 for each missionary). That was pretty fun. But President Curtis and President Stevenson are POWERFUL speakers. They each spoke at the sessions I was at but one thing that President Curtis talked about was the growth of the church in the Africa west area. What a honor it is to serve in the fastest growing area of the church!!!

This Ghana baby!

Hope all is well, and I am NOT happy about the ward changes. I am protesting against the changes. ;) Bishop Riewerts - WHAT UP!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment