Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, March 21, 2016

An Apostle Of The Lord

O na ho bon ( Hopefully I spelt that right Brother Wright)

This past week in one word is AMAZING!!!! Not as many lessons taught as usual, but that's ok because Elder Rasband came to talk with our mission!  I will explain that a little further down.

On Monday evening our zone leaders organized a "Family Home Evening" activity for our investigators/recent converts/less actives. Our recent convert, Comfort, was able to come with her two small kids Kevin and Rhoda. For the activity one of the members in the other ward talked to everyone on what a family home evening is and why the church recommends we set Monday night apart to spend with our families. Then we watched the Restoration video and discussed further on the restoration of the church.

Tuesday was the normal... Zone meeting.. chop some fufu... emailed for a short time.. went out to visit people.

Beach by the Ola Stake Center in Cape Coast - Johnson and Maumau

Skipping to Thursday, we had our typical weekly planning and then had to meet the sister missionaries at the Tro station to send them off to Takoradi at about 2pm.  My companion and I, along with Elder Havea and Rothlisberger, returned back to the apartment to clean up since we kind of got in trouble with how dirty the apartment was.  Usually some time is spent to clean it, but I gave up after I clean and then it gets dirty again.  At 5pm we went back to the station to depart for Cape Coast which is 2 hours or less away.  About 25 Elders from 3 zones - Telecom, which is the zone I am in, Assin Foso.. and Twifo Praso) slept in an empty senior couples apartment by the mission home. Most of us slept on the bare floor.  Elder Rothlisberger and I slept on a 1 inch foam mat in a room with 10 other Elders. Most of us woke up at 3am so we can be ready to get to the stake center by 5am Friday morning.

Our trip to Takoradi (where I was August- December) was about 2 hours. We had a big bus and a smaller bus. The bus I was in had some mold on the seats... very nice.  We arrived at the stake center in Takoradi at 8:30 am, and gathered in the chapel to get spiritually ready for the meeting. When Elder Rasband/Vinson arrived we went out to take a group picture.

Elder Rothlisberger coming back from Takoradi
President and Sister Stevenson, my mission president and his wife, started by bearing their testimonies.  Let's just say I love them!  Elder Vinson spoke about how great it is to serve a mission. After him, Sister Rasband bore her testimony, followed by Elder Rasband. The spirit that filled that room can not be described. When he spoke I felt like the message was for me personally. Every one else was feeling the same way. Though he spoke one message every missionary got something different from the spirit speaking to us. By the way he told us that when a general authority is speaking you better be taking notes. He said some very, very, very spiritual things that I will not share at this time but maybe in my homecoming talk ;)

After the meeting was finished, they had lunch outside for all 200 of us. It was great to see all the people in my MTC group. That usually does not happen until our year mark when we get our ID's renewed.

Selfie in the tro tro - ballfloat still in mouth.  Oops.

On Saturday we spent some time in the morning preparing bonku for this week at an investigator's house.  Bonku is my #1 food in Ghana with some pepper sauce/stew thing... do not know how it would be considered back home.

I have said it many times but will say it millions more, I know this church is true. Hearing an apostle of the Lord speak to my mission built my testimony of the church even higher. I am happy I get to spend some time serving Jesus Christ in Ghana.

Love you all,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment