Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

But I Enjoy Doing the Lord's Work Anyway!

What up AMERICA!!!!

May 3rd... school is almost out and summer is around the corner. But for myself the work is still going on!!!!

MONDAY: The usual washing by hand, french toast making, emailing day!!

TUESDAY: We had our weekly district meeting at 10:30. Our district leader, Elder Havea, asked me to give the instruction for the meeting.  I had a great time preparing for what needed to be talked about.  The answer I got was our gospel conversations on the street!!  In this mission we keep track of how many gospel conversations we have. I got many compliments, so I think I did pretty good. It was probably the candy I bought to give when questions were answered :)  The rest of the day nothing happened.  No lessons :(

WEDNESDAY: We had 3 lessons throughout the day. My favorite part was that our salon lady friends made us some Kokonte!!! We saw our recent convert Samuel with his brother who returned from his mission in South Africa some months ago. We read in the Book of Mormon to help that desire grow to read it on his own. The main lesson was about the Plan of Salvation. Elder Maumau and I asked the question of "Where did we come from, why are we here, and where are we going?". Then asking the question we turned to the scriptures. (Alma 13:1-4... Alma 34:31-35... Alma 42:2-10... Moroni 10:34.)

THURSDAY: Was a total bust. We had our weekly planning feeling great and then the rain started to pour down. Little to say we were in the apartment all day. Luckily we had food to survive ;). What made it worse was the electricity was off from Wednesday 11pm to Friday 3pm.

FRIDAY: We received and invite and permission from the zone leaders to go out to the bush with Elder Plumb and Elder Manyayi to go and farm.  Elder Maumau and I left at 6am to travel the 20 minutes to go there. It was a great day!!!  We farmed for coco (used to make chocolate, sadly I cant bring coco home since it is illegal) and weeded the plot of land.  I cut my hand with the cutlass but its ok, I have more chest hair from that happening.  Got home around 6pm, got some dinner and took showers because we were stinky!!!




SATURDAY: There were 2 big funerals for members in our stake so we had no help.  Plus other funerals around so no one is ever home on Saturday.  Luckily one of our recent converts, Lawrencia, was at home and we helped here prepare some food for HOURS. We left to go teach one lesson in the afternoon, then went back to the compound to chop.

SUNDAY: Church at 11:30- 2:30. Went back to the apartment to drop our stuff and out we went!! I t was a decision to see 7 people who did not come to church.  Less actives, investigators, and recent converts. Most were not around, did not want to give us time, or drunk -_-. But I enjoy doing the Lords work anyway!!




Yesterday was a holiday. It's called May Day. No one goes to work or school... too many weird holidays.  Everything was closed so we could not email or anything yesterday. But we were informed on Sunday of an activity happening in a few wards - a health walk and then food and games at the chapel.  Walk started at 6am then went back to the church, small snacks, then played volleyball for quite some time. In the afternoon some missionaries came together and we watched a couple films. The RM and singles ward. Honestly, do not think that was approved.. made us all talk about how great it will be to be married hahaha.  One day!!!


Im giving them... HEAVEN


-- Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment