Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, April 25, 2016

How You Know If You Have Prepared Spiritually

Hello America!!!!

Well, it is official, Elder Johnson is 9 months in Ghana. You already know that I will say it does not feel like I have been away from home that long. Plus my brother returns home in 3 months, which is crazy to me. Maybe I will ask if I can extend my mission for 2 more years :)

On Wednesday we made the 2 hour trip to Cape Coast for a meeting with President and Sister Stevenson as well as Elder and Sister Vincent.  Wednesday morning we were all mostly up at 5 am to get prepared to leave for the station at 6:45am.  It was easy to be up early because the power in Fosu was off so no fan= really hot and sweaty missionaries. The Elders in the zone were all on time to leave but the sisters rolled in 45 minutes late. The district leaders knew they would so they said to come an hour earlier than we needed to be.

When you try to be a photographer...

Before the meeting I was talking with some of the people that I came out to Ghana with and one has been "Dear John'd" (She said she is dating until he gets back then they will date... makes no sense. poor Elder).  And another has sent a " Dear Jane" letter.  The Elder I was least expecting to write off a girl, did!!!  As for me, the only girl I have waiting for me is Carol the pretty silver Honda.  She will probably die because my sister will crash in the school parking lot.

The meeting was totally awesome!!!!!  Sister Vincent spoke to us first and told us how her and Elder Vincent met.  They are both from Australia and met in college while working at McDonalds.  Elder Vincent was not a member and Sister Vincent was. They got into religious talks and Elder Vincent came to the conclusion that one was right and the other was wrong.  Some time after that, Elder Vincent was baptized. Sister Vincent did a demo of the effect that one baptism has.  It brings future family members into the church and because of the temple, past family are baptized as well. The spirit was so strong in that meeting.  My journal has different impressions that came to me during the meeting!!!!  Funny thing is, the meeting was 3 hours long and I was all ears the whole time, back home I would have been thinking about my hunger. <--- how you know if you have prepared spiritually or not.

On Saturday my companion and I were invited to come to a training meeting with the stake president for the ward counsel members. 75% in Twi. Sunday was ward conference, also in Twi.

Work is still going strong in this area. We have 4 baptisms coming in a couple weeks!!


Brown Rice with DOG meat for lunch. My comp and 2 others pitched in for dog meat. Some may be mad that i have eaten dog meat, I need it to survive and it is really good sooooo....


I decided to take a couple pictures of food that I have... this is breakfast when I do not feel like a smoothie. Porridge and bread. Usually comes in a bag that you suck it out of but I put it in a bowl. 


I will share one spiritual experience that I had on Sunday. Back story... we have been working on a baptismal record for some weeks now for someone that was confirmed.  Small slacking from my comp and I, but we have been trying to go see this lady, but translators were not going. Sunday morning I prayed for a way to get the record done that day.  I knew it would be busy because of conference.  When we walked onto the church grounds I saw Constance (need information for record) and the other Constance (YSA that can translate for us) both standing close to each other in the front of the church. May seem small to someone but I
know it was an answer to my prayers :)


Have a great week,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment