Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, August 22, 2016

I Think I Have Hit The Best Part Of My Mission

Hello friends and family!!

Most important part of my email-- I am alive and doing great!!! I think I have hit the best part of my mission.

Elder Simpson and I are doing great work together.  I am really happy to have him as a companion. We get along really really well, which is good because I have a 24 week term in the office and will spend 18 of those weeks with him.  We are on the 10th week together.  Everything is rolling well and gets better each week :)

Our focus this week was to find more investigators and improve our hours (we have hourly totals, one of the fake key indicators that we have in the mission). And Elder Simpson and I have done really good on both parts of those goals. A lot of time this week was spent talking to everyone on the street and contacting each potential investigator. To try to be like any other mission we plan this week knocking on some doors on a apartment complex.  But so far we have 3 solid new investigators from our conversations on the street.  If I had a favorite new investigator it would be Sabarah.  He is 22 years old and is really awesome. Most of his family lives in America and we could tell when we walked into a bigger house that was like a house in America. Elder Simpson and I sat in awe most of the time. Oh, and his mom is the mayor of Cape Coast...makes us a little nervous.

Other than finding new investigators we spent time in the truck driving around to buy supplies. We spent so much we ran out of money and had to go back to the office and beg Elder Durrant for more money. I love being a supply elder but it will be nice when I go back to teaching all day.

I really can not think of much more to say, but that's the summary of what happened this week :)

Until next week,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment