Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, August 8, 2016

So That Explains Why

Hello friends and family,

I hope all of you had a great week last week and if not then that is okay because this week will be better then the last!

For my companion and I the week was pretty good. We had our usual office duties happen this week but some other things happened.  On Tuesday we had combined district meeting because there was a good portion of people in the Yamoransa zone getting transferred and 2 were heading back to their homes.  Elder Makoti our zone leader, who also went home to Botswanna on Thursday, prepared a game for us at the meeting. It was in the form of jeopardy but more missionary style. On Wednesday we had transfers and for those in the office that means a good amount of driving. We were lucky and got to drive the AP's truck, her name is Abena.


Abena

Also on Wednesday evening was the final Fufu for those going home. This time around I made the mistake of asking Sister Theresa (the mission caterer) for extra Fufu. And she gave me a really big bowl of Fufu and light soup. That was not fun to finish but it was funny because I was next to the newer senior couple who were having a difficult of a time finishing their smaller bowl. I think the couples may have been amazed at how much my comp and I ate that night. Even after Fufu I had some ice cream and small cookie (yes I am getting fat but that is why we have the resurrection).  The testimony meeting for the going home missionaries was so powerful. Especially from the former AP's,  Elders Stulce and Hannemann.  Left me in awe of how much more I need to do.


 

My companion and I were able to teach a older lady named Mercy (I do not know if I mentioned her in my email last week). We met her as we were about to head in the office direction to close the day, Mercy and her daughter called us over. The day prior we gave a pamphlet to her daughter ( 8 years) named Sheka.  Usually kids ask for pamphlets so we hand them out and something came of this one! Mercy had questions about things she read in the Restoration Pamphlet (someone just reading the pamphlet is rare). Sad thing is she is from Accra and when we taught her on Sunday she told us she was going back to Accra on Tuesday so we planned to meet with her again Monday night. Then Tuesday came and she called us and told us to come over because she had not left. The same pattern went on all week until she left to Accra yesterday. We were able to teach Mercy Lesson 1-3. Teaching her was so great! Mercy wants to know the truth and showed it in lessons. Now we are sending her information for a referral and hope that she will receive her answer and be baptized soon.

Also, you may or may not remember a investigator of ours that I have mentioned named Mary. We resolved an issue pretty fast yesterday.. actually funny to Elder Simpson and I. She comes to church every week and has been for the last 6 weeks, but we were never able to meet her at what we thought was her home. Yesterday we met her on the street and asked where she was going,  Mary told us she is going home. The direction she was heading was the opposite way of her supposed home, so we followed her and she showed us where she actually lives. The place we were going was Regina's house (her friend) and thought they stayed together, so that explains her never being around ha. Bonus is a former investigator named Sylvester stays in the same compound.

No investigators came to church yesterday. Really disappointing but that's how it is sometimes. We have some other investigators, all our doing good. Mary (if we can find her to teach) and Obed our the most progressing investigators in the area right now. We are still helping the others come to church.

Everything is going great and sorry if I did not email back to any of you today, butmy time is short!!

Enjoy,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment