Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, April 18, 2016

Short

I heard about the snow in Colorado and chuckled a little. We should all just know that weird things happen in Colorado every single year :)

This past week was just full of manual labor!!!  True that walking all day everyday is labor, but what I am talking about is shoveling dirt all day everyday for 3 days this past week. By the day's end my companion and I look like we jumped in a pool and just got out.  Two things I loved about doing this service for a less active.. 1... You just feel great after getting done.. 2.... Nice cold glass bottle of soda. One thing that is so "fun" is washing our dirty clothes in a bucket. Thankfully I have been used to doing that with all my clothes for the past months. Maybe will wash my clothes by hand when I get home :P

The only really weird thing that happened this week was on Saturday afternoon!!!  We got a call to come to a family's house because they were preparing us FUFU :)  In America it is normal for a family to call the missionaries or to have a scheduled dinner appointment.  In Ghana, we get fed randomly or not at all.  Really helps me be inventive with my food!  Like I found that corn beef on bread is really good and for an extra kick add some ketchup.  Back to the fufu... we were really thankful that they called us because there was NOTHING to do. Saturday is wedding/funeral day. Funerals here are a way bigger deal then they should be.. even carries over into Sunday which still disturbs me.

Something else weird happened on Sunday.. the same family called us to come over for food again!!! Not just my comp and I, but Elder Rothlisberger and Elder Havea ( Saturday and Sunday). This time was some nice Bonku with stew.

Sunday morning it rained pretty hard and it made me happy we have church at 11:30 :) After church we had to go to P.E.C.  Once finished with the meeting we went over to the family's house for food. We had to wait quite some time to have the food prepared though.

This week we are traveling to Cape coast for a conference with Elder Vinson (counselor in area presidency) which will be wonderful.

I am alive and doing well!!!!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment