Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, October 10, 2016

#DryMissionaryHumor

Hello friends and family!


When you hold a goat

Another week has past in the Supply Elders week and what a successful week it was for us. I know I am being transferred so I only have this week and next week juggling around office work and being in the area. Really working my patience for sure! I will miss Sister Durrant's cookies and other treats she brings us but I want to spend the remainder of my mission roughing it in a village. We will see what President Stevenson has in store for me in a couple of weeks.  My replacement Supply Elder has come 2 weeks early lol. We got a call Saturday morning from President Stevenson, I answered it, after the good morning and how are you stuff he said "Well Elder Johnson, I have plans for this next transfer and one of them I have to make happen now." My thought was "Oh snap he is emergency transferring me out of here on Monday."  He continued, "My plan was for Elder Hepworth to come to replace you at the end of the transfer but due to some things we have to move him into a three person companionship with you and Elder Simpson.  Then in 2 weeks you will go to your next assignment." So as of 9:30 am today we have Elder Hepworth with us!  He is from Rigby, Idaho and has been out a year now.  Really sweet guy and despite mine and Elder Simpson's fears, we know everything will be good.  Also, Elder Hepworth was not the trouble missionary.  They moved the trouble missionary in with Elder Hepworth's last companion who was my companion a year ago, Elder Swartbooi.

This last week was just spent on getting Mercy, Sheka, and Sylvester ready for their baptism this past Saturday. On Thursday evening the Zone leaders came to interview Sylvester and Sheka at our chapel. Interview went well for them! Sheka is 8 years old and remembers a lot and is really smart. Even yesterday she corrected her mom on her english while reading hahaha. On Friday evening President Stevenson's counselor, President Nelson, came to interview Mercy at out chapel. Mercy did well so all 3 people were baptized on Saturday.  Sylvester had malaria really bad but felt better to come to the baptism.  Then yesterday for his confirmation he was really sick.

Baptism water is brown...oh Ghana

Mercy, Sylvester and Sheka

All of our focus in now on finding more people and strengthening our relationships with members. We have little time in the area and the time has been spent with those that were baptized to prepare them. Yesterday we planned to visit members only after church and share a message with them which we are not able to do often. From those visits we got 3 referrals :-) Really happy about that. Also, we are working with Sylvesters friend James more now. James wants to be baptized but the only thing keeping him from progressing more is his girlfriend, Mary, stays in the same room as him. We spoke with him about it late last week and from what he said he will start making the prep to marry mary (get a kick out of that, Marry and Mary HA). #Drymissionaryhumor

James - Sylvester's friend

The thought I wanted to share comes from this last conference.. Elder K. Brett Natress.

Finally, one morning, I decided to square up with my mother. I exclaimed, “Mom, why are you doing this to us? Why are you reading the Book of Mormon every morning?” I then made a statement that I am embarrassed to admit to. In fact, I can’t believe I actually said it. I told her, “Mom, I am not listening!”

Her loving response was a defining moment in my life. She said, “Son, I was at a meeting where President Marion G. Romney taught about the blessings of scripture reading. During this meeting, I received a promise that if I would read the Book of Mormon to my children every day, I would not lose them.” She then looked me straight in the eyes and, with absolute determination, said, “And I will not lose you!”

There is power in reading the Book of Mormon each day. And we NEED to read the Book of Mormon everyday!!! When we do we protect ourselves spiritually. I do not know about you but I do not want to go out into the world unprotected ever again. I have found that I was more lost at home then I ever even realized. My conversion to the gospel is 100000 times more then it was a year ago. that came and will continue to come from keeping ALL the commandments, reading scriptures each day, and praying morning and night. Those are the basics that we need to do to start *to hear more about this please join for Elder Johnson's homecoming talk in July 2017. Thats in like 3 years but plan well!


" Be worthy
Be ready"


-- Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment