Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, October 24, 2016

Me? Eat a lot? Hmm...

Hello friends and family!

As my subject line says the time has come! The time for me to be transferred of course :) Though in most ways I am sad to be leaving the office it will be good to be back out full time proselyting. On Saturday while at the Green Hill Sister's baptism I got a phone call from President Stevenson. He let me know that my assignment is going to be changed to be a Zone Leader. Then later that night the zone I will be going to is my birthplace, good old Takoradi! I am excited to take on this new assignment but nervous at the same time.  One of the things I am nervous about is it is one of the bigger zones in the mission with the total of 24 missionaries. But it will be nice to be near my first area so maybe the chance will come to see some of my old friends :)

Elder Simpson and Johnson

There really is not that many interesting things that happened this past week. On Tuesday we had district meeting and I instructed about being disobedient. To make it interesting I planned a demonstration, each member of the district would come up, take the roll of tape and "bind" Elder Simpson with the tape to the chair. I was showing what happens when we disobey the commandments and missionary rules. Satan wraps chains around us and as we keep disobeying chains keep going around us until the final day and if we did not repent then that is not good (2 Nephi 1:13, Moses 7:26).

On Wednesday I went on an exchange with Elder Riding to be with him that day. Elder Jager joined Elder Simpson and Elder Hepworth. Elder Riding is 5 weeks on his mission so I decided it would be good to get his trainer away from him and give the leading the area to Elder Riding to help him learn. Ended up to be a really good day even though a lot of appointments were not happening.

On Friday evening I went to Green Hill to do baptism interviews. Two of them were at the chapel then had to walk to one more after that.  Interviews take so much mental/spiritual energy. The first interview was with a young man that is 17 and he speaks really good english so it went really well. The next 2 had translators and those are really hard because they will not translate the right thing then the answer had nothing to do with what I was asking.


Elder Johnson, Hepworth and Simpson

Saturday we went out to see Mercy and Sylvester.  Sylvester is starting to get sick again which is not good.  Mercy opened a chop bar so that takes a lot of her time away.  In the afternoon we went to the Green Hill chapel to see the baptisms.  Our apartment fixer guy, Brother Laing, was kind enough to give us a ride because we went to the office to help him load things before the baptism.  We received the call from President as well.  Then in the evening we had our transfer party at the office.  Sister Durrant made some really good pasta with rolls.

Sunday we had church which was really nice.  Elder Durrant taught in the 3rd block to Elder 's Quorum/High priest/ Relief society. It was a talk given by President Uchtdorf in the April conference which was marriage based. Any time you get the adults together for church and talk about marriage it is really funny.. they call out the young single adults that are not married yet.  In the evening we held a movie with members and investigators.  We watched "The Testaments" then after that Mercy made us some bonku with tilapia light soup... SO GOOD but so much.  The other 4 Elders can not eat a lot so they washed their hands and had me eat the rest.  Me? Eat a lot? hmm.... :)


All in all a good week. I am excited to take on my new assignment in Takoradi. Will miss the office.. wait not the office... the truck... but its okay I will drive again soon. haha.


Be worthy
Be ready


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment