Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, October 3, 2016

Shanannae and Shannon

Hello!!

My mind is completely blank as I am trying to think about things to write about. The thing is so many funny moments and random things happen over the course of my week but I never remember the good stuff when I sit at the computer.  Good thing I am pretty faithful in journal writing. 

One great thing is that I saw 4 sessions of conference live! In my first October being here I saw Saturday Morning and Sunday morning 6 weeks after it happened. In April I only saw Sunday evening live, and now both of Saturday sessions and Sunday's. Still need to finish Priesthood session though.. :/  Elder and Sister Durrant invited us over for Saturday evening and Sunday evening sessions. They provided food.. never have I been so excited about french toast with syrup and then chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Side note: For anyone that will take me out for food when I get home, Chipotle or even Mcdonalds. Any place will look like a 5 star on the inside to me. *Side not ended. I really enjoyed watching conference though!! The sessions did not go long enough for me.  All the messages were great.

Second great thing is we finally got a new mission van. We have been waiting since March or so to get the van and it finally happened. The old one (Shananae) was really basic with a manual trans (got really good with it) then new one is so fancy.  It has full row seating WITH cup holders and a automatic transmission. We have yet to drive it yet because Elder Durrant took the keys until President talks with us about the rules of Shannon (vans name).

Funny thing of this week was at district meeting. The instruction came from everyone but did not go how I thought it would. I sent 1 "Consider this" question from chapter 1 of PMG to each district member. Asked them to prepare to answer that one question for 3-5 minutes. First thing is that 3/4 of the sisters did not prepare like I asked multiple times throughout the previous week. That was funny.. kinda. But the first sister got up and spoke for 15 minutes teaching us about the question. She did well but I just went with the flow and listened.  All in all it was a nice district meeting.

We focused in the area this week on preparing the 3 people (Mercy, daughter Sheka, and Sylvester) for baptism this Saturday. Their interview are set with the Zone leaders and 1 with President Stevenson's counselor. Mercy even came to see conference at the stake center yesterday (it was really full and 100 people stood outside doing nothing, including me, but could watch the sesion later) they accidentally showed Priesthood session instead of the Saturday morning session. But that was ok because Elder Curtis (old Africa West Area pres until 2 months ago) spoke on the Book of Mormon. He shared some conversions with the Book of Mormon talking about some Ghanaians and she really liked that from what she told us.

I am ready for another week!!! Only have 3 weeks left in the office and back out to full time once again :)

Have a great week,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment