Elder and Kids

Elder and Kids

Monday, October 31, 2016

I Was Smart This Time

Words can not express how nice it is to be out of the office and be full time in the sun again. The office was a great time and I enjoyed every moment but onto new adventures! :)

The first part of my week was just preparing to be transferred to a new area.  I was smart this time and started packing my things on Monday night instead of Tuesday night and that helped the stress levels a lot. Monday we had a activity at the stake center and we played dodge ball with wrapped toilet paper rolls and then played capture the flag. Capture the flag was difficult because the church property is on a hill also the sun was blazing that day. It was a good last pday in the Yamoransa Zone! Tuesday we had our combined district meeting and Elder Akudago, who went home, instructed for the last time. Then those who were leaving gave their departing testimonies including myself. Sadly, we did not get out to say goodbye to my friends in Nkanfoa because of office duties. My companions knew I was not happy about not getting out for a while because we had time.. their response was "You did not say you wanted to".... Some would say it is a given but all in the past.

Wednesday morning the Elder in the apartment made a really nice breakfast for transfer day! They made eggs, hashbrowns, french toast, and fresh squeezed orange juice. Filled my belly for the long day that awaited me. We headed to the station at 10:30 or so and I sat around and waited until we got on the tro around 1. I got into Takoradi at 3:30 or so. Elder Tugume came up, we said hello to each other, and got to work going to the station to hire taxis to take missionaries to their areas. After we walked around for a while and I got to meet some of the members. Elder Tugume and I were also in a 3 some with Elder Wilhelm who is training but did not get his companion until Friday.

Thursday- Sunday were the nicest days I have had in a while. By nicest I mean most exhausted I have been in the last 6 months. Takoradi Ward is a very productive place and I love it. The members are really nice and all speak pretty good english!! That made church yesterday really awesome. Elder Tugume and I are working with some very wonderful investigators. One who's mother owns a chop bar so with my companions love for fufu we have gone there everyday except Sunday for lunch haha. The investigator's name is Praise, really awesome girl. She loves the church and wants to be baptized so bad but right now her mom is not allowing it. The family does not really like us... the mom does but Elder Tugume said it took some time. Even yesterday we tried to teach the younger sister, Alberta, who is 17. That girl... things she was saying when we met with her yesterday was driving me nuts. Another sweet investigator is Ian. We taught him for the first time on Saturday afternoon, he called us Friday and asked to meet with us (that really is rare). Elder Tugume had no idea who it was until we saw him, Ian is the boyfriend of a girl that just left for her mission the day I came into Takoradi. We sat down and he said "I need your help because I have been trying to read the Book Of Mormon and can not understand it that well, but Mina said if I have problems to call the number on the front of the book." We started and taught him the Restoration.

All in all I had a great week. And am very excited to embark on being a zone leader and see the lessons I learn. My new area is what we call "Celestial".

Have a great week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment